Hi, I’m Megan
I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Colorado and a National Board Certified Counselor (NCC). My experience includes providing individual, family, and group therapies in many different settings to kids, teens, young adults, parents and caregivers, and families. From this, I’ve learned that growth, change, and healing can happen for anyone.
I have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology (with a minor in German) from Boston University and a master’s degree in mental health counseling from Boston College. After graduating, I became licensed in Massachusetts in 2006 as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. In 2007, I relocated to Colorado and became licensed as an LPC.
Since then, I have been fortunate to receive training from experts across the country in therapy techniques, child development, and trauma-informed care. I am Level I and II certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) by Dr. Molly Gierasch and have taken advanced EMDR seminars with others, including Dr. Laurel Parnell. Additionally, I am trained in Dr. Bruce Perry’s Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics and was trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy by Dr. Marsha Linehan.
Lastly, much of my career has focused on building and running therapeutic programs at nonprofit behavioral health agencies. Through these positions, I supervised therapists towards licensure, something I continue today.
The following beliefs and values are important to me:
- Being culturally responsive and inclusive
- Using best practice treatment models
- Providing personalized care
- Operating from a strengths-based foundation
- Honoring that you are the expert in your own life and know best what you need
- Doing what I say I will do
- Offering tools, resources, and systems navigation
- Building trust and a strong therapeutic relationship
- Following all professional and ethical guidelines
- Holding hope; change and healing are possible
- Staying up-to-date on the practice of counseling through ongoing study, training, and mentors
ISSUES I TREAT
- Adoption Issues
- Behavioral Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Family Conflict and Divorce
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Parenting and Co-Parenting
- Peer Relationships
- School Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Thinking Disorders